Thursday, January 7, 2010

Welcome

At times the datasphere can seem like an infinite void. Oftentimes, when I plug in to the world wide web, I feel that I only access an infinitesimal fraction of all the available information that I would be interested in. This is because I am, only accessing an infinitesimal fraction. I view the blogging movement as (in part) a response to this surfeit of data and info. In one sense, blogs serve to direct readers towards articles/data/info that they seek, but would not have found otherwise. In another important sense, blogs give voice to the digital masses - creating an online forum for cultural and societal discussion and debate.

In this spirit, this blog will attempt to engage these two valuable aspirations of the blog medium, with a focus on economics. This blog will direct readers towards thought-provoking, and insightful economic media, as well as offer (brief) commentary on the various articles and ideas I link to. Comments and advice are more than welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment